Why Men Should Own Sex Toys for Women

vintage sex toy for women

The following is a guest article written by the sexilicious boner inducing good folk at AdamEve.com

When most people think of sex toys they envision women with vibrators or a kinky couple going to town on each other. But if you mention a man with a sex toy, the stereotypical man with a blow up doll comes to mind. However, the reality is, for one, the average man who likes sex toys doesn’t own a blow up doll–they take up too much space! If they are going to own a male-oriented toy, Fleshlights are far more portable, easy to clean and use. But what about men who own sex toys for women, men who may or may not be involved in a relationship?

There’s a lot to be said for a man who is confident enough to have sex toys around for potential bedroom partners. It doesn’t say, “I’m not good enough for you,” but rather, “I want you to have the best time you possibly can and I know that I alone can’t do that.” That’s attractive, not because I know I’m in store for a great evening, but because it shows a lot about their personality. It also shows that you’re laidback, don’t take things too seriously and are down to have a good time. Women usually find these to be attractive qualities in a man.

Now, if you’re like most single men out there and don’t have any female-oriented sex toys laying around, it might be time to change that. However, when I met my boyfriend, he had a lingering vibrator from a past relationship. When I asked him why he had it, he said he didn’t know, but it was an ex’s. I’m not very interested in using someone’s else’s vibrator from a past relationship, so even if that’s the case with one of yours, don’t tell them that and immediately buy some toy cleaner (if you didn’t already have some, which you should.)

Toys are good for keeping around should a girl find herself in your bed. Some that you should include in that list are:

• A glass dildo. A lot of women have had unfortunately never tried one and if you can show her how amazing a glass dildo is, she’ll love you forever. They are also super easy to clean–you just drop them in your dishwasher. They retain heat well and are super slick. They’ll be great for priming her for the real thing.
  • Ben Wa Balls are another great toy to keep around. They are small and discrete and pack a punch. As another lesser known toy, you can help your girl experience a totally new sensation while you’re having sex. She’ll be impressed with your attention to detail when you whip these out.
  • If you’re more a traditionalist, you could keep a vibrator around, specifically a g-spot vibrator. We both know it can be very hard to hit that spot, no matter how talented you are. With a G-spot vibrator, she can show you how to hit it or you can do the work, either way, your effort will be noticed and greatly appreciated.
  • As I mentioned above, be sure you own some sex toy cleaner. Even if you’re a one woman kind of man, it’s important to keep your toys clean. It helps prevent infections and the spread of STDs.
  • Finally, I recommend getting a sex swing if you’re adventurous and have the space in your house for it. The sex swing will allow you to hit spots that have never been hit before and bring your girl to new heights, all while simply having fun.

If you think your sex drawer has been lacking and there are some women or a woman in your life that might appreciate it, jump on over to Adam & Eve and be sure to stock up your fully functional babe lair.

Deep Thoughts From the Editor

While I can’t say that I own any sex toys for women (yet) I have been thinking about this for some time. It occurred to me one night when I brought a woman home and something I had left out on my bedroom night stand caught her attention. Keep in mind, that up until this point I hadn’t made a move or anything, just showing her around, so things were fairly tepid with sex looking like a 50/50 chance. However, when she saw that I had a big bottle of quality sexual lubricant just sitting there next to my bed her demeanor quickly changed from caution to full on green light for sex.

As men we often don’t think about these types of details when it comes to pleasing women since many of our gender’s focus is on their own sexual conquest. But what of the women we pursue? If we were any good at not only attracting women but retaining them, we should not just focus on social confidence but also sexual confidence. And I believe it’s for this reason that my bottle of lube sitting out in plain sight helped me that fateful night, as it displayed some modicum of sexual confidence and ability. I also have a strong feeling that owning a sex toy or two for the purpose of pleasing your woman/women could be an investment that reaps huge rewards.

I’d love to hear some opinions/experiences from the readers on this topic. To the men, how many of you actually own any women’s sex toys and used them? If so, what were the results?

For the female readers, what would your reaction be if you went home with a man and he had a vibrator or glass dildo ready to go? Would you be impressed, turned on, or creeped out?

Let me know what y’all think in the comments below :)

Ann July 28, 2012 at 1:39 am

Here Here.

Nothing wrong with a GOOD vibrator or three. I hear with 50 Shaes of Grey sales have skyrocketed!!

You will need some Astroglide though!!!

Jen August 10, 2012 at 12:36 am

An woman in her mid 40′s perspective…
I love sex, would have it everyday if I could, but if you bring out the toy’s on our first sexual encounter, I am turned-off simply because the first encounter is exploratory, but you are all prepared with erotic toys makes me feel that your a man whore and I am just another broad your fucking this week. The 1st is finding out what turns each other on and off, the second encounter is always better than the first. If there is a third encounter bring out the toys and I will probably fall in love. If you really like the women, wait, if you and her just wanting a great one night stand then I think the sex toys are a great addition. Myself, I don’t do one-night stands

Dating Bullet August 18, 2012 at 8:03 am

Using vibrator is a great way, it will surely give an extra impact to satisfy your partner. But for me, proper communication is still the best way. Talk to her about what are the things you should do to get the satisfaction that she needs. Think before you act. Remember, not all women are using vibrators.

jane August 20, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Mat, I respect that you trying to give women a great experience but I think it’s just a awful idea. Don’t get me wrong I love toy’s but I think most women including myself would just think of how many other women it has been inside (the lube is like toothpaste and a vibrator is like a toothbrush.) Women would probbably assume that it’s dirty as well (would you barrow another man’s toothbrush if he told you he cleaned it?)

Just somthin to think about.

Talia Koprich September 1, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’m all FOR this idea. Keeping them clean is key, yes… And having them around is showing your interest, not in sex, so much as in pleasing the woman. That’s hot as hell. Showing that you are open and creative and interested in learning and trying new things… Awesome… Turns me on.
I might be a little more into the kinky fuckery than the average woman, but I think women should open up and experience more pleasure. Maybe they wouldn’t have as many mood swings or as bad PMS symptoms? Helps me out!

chris smolyk September 26, 2012 at 8:42 pm

One word….last and final word on this topic:

SYBIAN

chriss

Goose September 27, 2012 at 9:50 am

nice posts, bro. I can really relate to some of them.

out of curiosity, are you still posting? I read on another post that you were having trouble finding stuff to blog about.

hope all is well,

goose

Michelle October 16, 2012 at 4:36 am

I would be impressed, but I would want to see proof that the stuff was clean. I don’t trust my current guy friend with toys because he buys two liter pop bottles and leaves them open in his car and swigs on the same pop bottle all week. So, he can keep his toys to himself. Heh. Plus, I would be in holy terror of a glass dildo breaking. Eep!

Editor001 December 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I love your slow gentle introduction to the female side of the bed. TOO often men leave our needs to the way side., and here you’ve laid them out nicely, giving brief introductions to a tantalizing new toy.

I’m a fan of extra bedroom accouterments. >:}

Editor001 December 14, 2012 at 3:39 pm

p.s

I am however disinclined to use someone elses ‘toy’. Kinda like a tooth brush. Going to need a new one, and with that in mind… getting a soft Eco friendly detergent like Dr Bronners.

omalone1 January 11, 2013 at 6:30 am

you are not alone on that one Editor

Mike January 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Alright, Matt has now fully discreditted himself.

YouMeetMe February 13, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Women also have right to have the ultimate joy of ultimate orgasm. Sometime men are not able to provide what women are looking for. Sex toys are healthy for a relationship. Most of the men are using them.

Allen Moreno February 23, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I have a swing and discovered that women will comment on it and more often than not things become sexual all on their own. having a swing is an icebreaker all by itself..

Pete April 17, 2013 at 9:43 am

Nice article. I think sex toys get a bad rep – one of those subjects that gets swept under the carpet when the truth is that most people have explored them at some point. My experience has been that women appreciate a guy who’s not hung-up sexually.