The following is a guest article written by the sexilicious boner inducing good folk at AdamEve.com
When most people think of sex toys they envision women with vibrators or a kinky couple going to town on each other. But if you mention a man with a sex toy, the stereotypical man with a blow up doll comes to mind. However, the reality is, for one, the average man who likes sex toys doesn’t own a blow up doll–they take up too much space! If they are going to own a male-oriented toy, Fleshlights are far more portable, easy to clean and use. But what about men who own sex toys for women, men who may or may not be involved in a relationship?
There’s a lot to be said for a man who is confident enough to have sex toys around for potential bedroom partners. It doesn’t say, “I’m not good enough for you,” but rather, “I want you to have the best time you possibly can and I know that I alone can’t do that.” That’s attractive, not because I know I’m in store for a great evening, but because it shows a lot about their personality. It also shows that you’re laidback, don’t take things too seriously and are down to have a good time. Women usually find these to be attractive qualities in a man.
Now, if you’re like most single men out there and don’t have any female-oriented sex toys laying around, it might be time to change that. However, when I met my boyfriend, he had a lingering vibrator from a past relationship. When I asked him why he had it, he said he didn’t know, but it was an ex’s. I’m not very interested in using someone’s else’s vibrator from a past relationship, so even if that’s the case with one of yours, don’t tell them that and immediately buy some toy cleaner (if you didn’t already have some, which you should.)
Toys are good for keeping around should a girl find herself in your bed. Some that you should include in that list are:
- A glass dildo. A lot of women have had unfortunately never tried one and if you can show her how amazing a glass dildo is, she’ll love you forever. They are also super easy to clean–you just drop them in your dishwasher. They retain heat well and are super slick. They’ll be great for priming her for the real thing.
- Ben Wa Balls are another great toy to keep around. They are small and discrete and pack a punch. As another lesser known toy, you can help your girl experience a totally new sensation while you’re having sex. She’ll be impressed with your attention to detail when you whip these out.
- If you’re more a traditionalist, you could keep a vibrator around, specifically a g-spot vibrator. We both know it can be very hard to hit that spot, no matter how talented you are. With a G-spot vibrator, she can show you how to hit it or you can do the work, either way, your effort will be noticed and greatly appreciated.
- As I mentioned above, be sure you own some sex toy cleaner. Even if you’re a one woman kind of man, it’s important to keep your toys clean. It helps prevent infections and the spread of STDs.
- Finally, I recommend getting a sex swing if you’re adventurous and have the space in your house for it. The sex swing will allow you to hit spots that have never been hit before and bring your girl to new heights, all while simply having fun.
If you think your sex drawer has been lacking and there are some women or a woman in your life that might appreciate it, jump on over to Adam & Eve and be sure to stock up your fully functional babe lair.
Deep Thoughts From the Editor
While I can’t say that I own any sex toys for women (yet) I have been thinking about this for some time. It occurred to me one night when I brought a woman home and something I had left out on my bedroom night stand caught her attention. Keep in mind, that up until this point I hadn’t made a move or anything, just showing her around, so things were fairly tepid with sex looking like a 50/50 chance. However, when she saw that I had a big bottle of quality sexual lubricant just sitting there next to my bed her demeanor quickly changed from caution to full on green light for sex.
As men we often don’t think about these types of details when it comes to pleasing women since many of our gender’s focus is on their own sexual conquest. But what of the women we pursue? If we were any good at not only attracting women but retaining them, we should not just focus on social confidence but also sexual confidence. And I believe it’s for this reason that my bottle of lube sitting out in plain sight helped me that fateful night, as it displayed some modicum of sexual confidence and ability. I also have a strong feeling that owning a sex toy or two for the purpose of pleasing your woman/women could be an investment that reaps huge rewards.
I’d love to hear some opinions/experiences from the readers on this topic. To the men, how many of you actually own any women’s sex toys and used them? If so, what were the results?
For the female readers, what would your reaction be if you went home with a man and he had a vibrator or glass dildo ready to go? Would you be impressed, turned on, or creeped out?
Let me know what y’all think in the comments below