Hover Hands – Scared to Touch Women

There is an interesting meme circulating the Interwebs recently called Hover Hands. The meme consists of showing pictures of nerdy guys with gorgeous women in which the male’s hands are hovering just inches from the female’s body, indicating the male’s fear of physicality with such women.

This hover hands epidemic amongst the vast majority of today’s beta male population is unfortunate. It clearly shows the lack of confidence and general insecurity of these men when a beautiful woman has her arms draped over them and yet the men are still afraid of resting their hands on the bare skin of a woman’s shoulder or back. It’s quite sad.

Protip: If a woman touches you, then it’s ok recommended that you touch her back.

Here’s a few more examples of what NOT to do:

The next two technically are not hovering hands but just as bad, more like cowering pocket hands:

Preston Blain December 30, 2010 at 9:29 am

I remember a long time ago when I use to feel uncomfortable touching women. However I can never remember having hover hands…

Shark January 2, 2011 at 12:34 am

On a side note, once your Ultra-Alpha I think it can go the other way around to. If a girl KNOWS you are sexual and already has a high attraction level for you, then touching may simply show to much interest.

Matt Savage January 3, 2011 at 11:01 am

Preston,
I remember having hover hands as a teen in addition to my general uncomfortable nature with touching women. It was pretty lame, especially this one time when I was posing for a picture with a hot female classmate and she actually said, “What the fuck, just put your hand on my waist!” It was a bit of a wake up call.

Shark,
That’s something to think about and indeed there is that possibility of going overboard with the touching, so much that it becomes just plain creepy, particularly if you have not developed any rapport with the woman. However, in general, I’d say it’s almost always ok to rest your hand on a woman’s shoulder or have your arm around her waist when posing with them like the pictures above.

Casual January 12, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Lol, hilarious! I used to do the same thing!

An Unmarried Man January 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm

That is funny as hell.
I can’t really say whether I was a hoverer or not because I was never in a position to take photos with hot models. Still, as pathetic as I was (and even still am), I was never as bad as some of these sorry sacks!

Des February 11, 2011 at 4:50 am

In photos and stuff, I actually don’t have hover hands, but I do hate touching people and being touched. Would you believe up until now I thought I was pretty much alone?

Nate February 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I don’t get the hover hand – wouldn’t that be an indicator that your company is welcomed if you are allowed to actually touch the person next to you?

Getagirl March 10, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Interesting post! I agree that when a girl touches you or puts her arms around you then that’s an indication that it’s ok to put your hand on her too. :)

vlad April 14, 2011 at 1:13 am

I searched all over the internet but I could not find the name of the girl in the first picture. Can someone tell me her name?

Rigal Terra July 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

For most of these sure, but another consideration on a few of these is their wives may be taking the picture and it’s just good policy to avoid a jealous fight later.

Player87 August 23, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Great article. Interesting pictures.

Touching a women should be done as soon as possible when you meet her. For instance, you can offer a handshake or a high-5.

Any type of touching builds comfort and trust with the other person. If your target is instigating the touching, the least you should do is continue it.

peteerrerer March 15, 2012 at 1:32 am

the girl’s name is summer glau :)