Why You Should Light Your Thumb on Fire

“If you are afraid of getting burned then you will get burned” he says

I dip my thumb into a shot of sambuca and hold a lighter to it.

So…

Here I am, standing in the middle of a crowded bar with my thumb on fire.

Everyone is watching.

“The fear never goes away, you just accept it for what it is” says Mr. Black

I look at my thumb. It’s on fire. It doesn’t hurt.

“When you approach women, the fear is in you, accept it for what it is.”

My thumb is still on fire. It doesn’t hurt.

“If you are afraid of something, it will burn you. Accept the fear.”

I stick my thumb in my mouth and extinguish the flame.

“Did it hurt?” he asks

“No” I say

I’m surrounded by friends. We dip our thumbs into the shot and light them.

So…

Here we are, standing in the middle of a crowded bar with our thumbs on fire.

Everyone is watching.

We are not afraid.

Seduction Chronicles April 6, 2008 at 3:25 am

Haha. Nice. Love it.

Bobby Rio April 6, 2008 at 8:50 pm

Just make sure you don’t accidently light some chicks hair up in flames!

Single April 6, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Yes I read so much into this post! I guess My thumb so to say is on fire all the time. I have a big fire extinguisher so to speak, hanging around me.

I hate to get burnt!

Thats why I am Single!!!
lol

Matt Savage April 8, 2008 at 11:20 am

Hmm, now that I think of it, I’m surprised we didn’t get kicked out that night. There must be some sort of fire code or something about lighting yourself on fire….

Random Reader August 15, 2008 at 7:39 pm

wow do you have any idea how long you can have your thumb lit without burning it? how long did you have that thumb lit up for?

Matt Savage August 17, 2008 at 10:52 pm

@ Random Reader,
Well, according to the ancient fire walkers, you will never burn yourself as long as you’re not afraid of it. However, if you’re talking about reality, I’d say you could go about 5 seconds before you’re skin actually starts to burn.
The point of the exercise was to remain calm and not be scared of the flame, because most people will flip out the moment they are on fire, and in the process act irrationally, which in turn makes things worse for themselves. But if you stay calm and let the flame do it’s thing, you know that you can put it out anytime by just sticking it in your mouth. So by remaining calm and not being afraid, you don’t get burned.

In case you didn’t figure it out yet, this is an analogy for approaching women. If you’re not afraid, then you won’t get burned:)

bobby baker December 21, 2008 at 4:54 pm

thats really stupid. why would you write that

kevin May 27, 2009 at 4:08 pm

i just accidentally did this with a modded lighter, it hurts, very much.