The Mr. Bubble Number Close

Mr. Bubble GirlShe is sitting on a stool next to a raffle table filled with various Easter baskets. She’s listening to the band. She has that sexy punk rocker girl look. She’s the most attractive girl in the bar. She also has at least twelve other guys staring at her, each of them desperately silent. This is Rocker Renee.

I walk over to the raffle table and stand next to her. I pretend like I’m checking out the Easter baskets. I catch her glancing over at me. I grab a rubber ducky out of a basket, hold it up in front of her and say, “Wow, you know, I just feel like stealing this rubber ducky and running out the door with it.”

She stares at me for a few seconds with no reaction and then suddenly breaks into laughter.

“Yea, it makes me want to go home and take a bath” she says smiling

“Or even better, a bubble bath.” I say excitedly

“Ohhh, I love bubble baths!”

“I remember when I was a little kid, I used to take bubble baths all the time but it could only be from Mr. Bubble, you remember Mr. Bubble right? With that big pink bottle of bubble bath?” I ask

“Oh my god, I used Mr. Bubble too when I was growing up.”

“Well, it seems like we have a lot in common” I say smiling back

“Yea we do. What’s your name?” she asks

We exchange names and chit chat for a few minutes. She recently moved in to the neighborhood and was checking out the local scene. I tell her my knowledge of the area and all the cool things to do.

From out of nowhere a tall man is hovering over us. I can only presume this is a boyfriend.

“Renee, grab your coat, we’re getting out of here” the man says

Rocker Renee looks back at me and says, “Sorry I have to leave, but you seem like a really cool guy, we should hang out sometime.”

She says this to me while the man is still standing over us, which leads me to believe that maybe he isn’t a boyfriend after all.

“Yea definitely,” I say, “what’s a good way to get in touch with you?”

“I can give you my phone number.”

“Hmm, that’s just crazy enough to work” I say as I pull out my cellphone and hand it to her.

She types her number into the phone, says goodbye and leaves the bar.

The whole interaction from approach to close was no more than five minutes. It is definitely one of my quickest number closes to date. I was able to quickly create attraction and quickly create rapport, so hopefully there is enough of a connection that she’ll have a positive response when I call her.

[Update: Next Day]

It’s Sunday Afternoon and I’m going to call Rocker Renee. I find the number in my phone and dial it.

beeeep…..I’m sorry but the number you have dialed is not in service…..please try again…

The nervous smile on my face turns into a nervous frown. There must be some mistake. I dial the number again.

My heart sinks. I replay last night in my head and try to think of what went wrong.

Either Rocker Renee accidentally typed her number incorrectly or she typed it incorrectly on purpose. Considering that she suggested “hanging out sometime” and offered her phone number on a silver platter, it’s hard to believe the later. Unless I bump into her again, it looks like there won’t be a part 2 to this story.

Perhaps it’s time to go back to using pen and paper.

Single March 23, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Nice story there, Mr Bubbles? LOL!!!!

I really want to hear more of this, I have gotten so interested in this!!
I need really good details!

Single

Pamm March 24, 2008 at 12:56 am

Matt – I love this post. Seriously love it. I am completely jealous that this encounter only took five minutes. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I really should take notes while reading your blog because when I go out, not only am I giving out bad vibes that make me unapproachable, I completely clam up when a guy DOES finally come talk to me. sigh. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. :)

Matt Savage March 24, 2008 at 9:13 am

I just made an update with my attempted phone call. So, if you haven’t read it yet, then scroll back up to the bottom of the post. It didn’t quite turn out the way I was hoping….

Matt Savage March 24, 2008 at 9:22 am

Single,
I’d hate to bore you with details, how about if I just post the really entertaining juicy stuff? :)
Pamm,
It’s all about sending out the good vibes and talking to guys that approach you would probably help too. Just remember, they’re probably more scared than you, so there’s really nothing to be nervous about:)

-Matt

Single March 24, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Ahhhhhhhh Man!! I am so sorry! Maybe it was just a mistake, damn I hope it was a mistake. I hope you see her out again!

I so want a part 2

Single

Hot Alpha Female March 25, 2008 at 1:38 am

You know what would be funny? If she did intend to give you the right number and is wondering why you didn’t call.

I dunno Matt it seems like your getting closer and closer every time and then something always happens to stuff it up in the end.

You sure that your not expecting for things to go wrong and therefore sabotaging the situation, without knowing it. Coz i think that you are doing most of the things right already.

Neways keep up the great work, looking forward to more posts

Hot Alpha Female

Lachlan March 25, 2008 at 10:52 pm

Call her RIGHT THEN AND THERE. It makes sure she has your number and will answer (rather than ignoring an unknown number). If you really want to play things, wait until she’s walked away and call her, so you continue the interaction without a chance for her to relax. Immediately set up your next meeting.

I’ve never gotten a bum phone number but I have gotten voice mail because she didn’t know who I was (and voice mail == no sex).

Matt Savage March 26, 2008 at 10:38 am

Hot Alpha Female,
Yea, if she did it by accident without realizing it, then she probably thinks I’m a chicken shit for not calling, so if I do bump into her again then I’ll already be at a disadvantage, ugh.
A couple years ago I think one of my biggest issues was that I was sabotaging myself. Though I tend to think more positively now a days, it is possible that I have some lingering bad habits.

Lachlan,
Normally when I get a girl’s number, I type it into my own phone and call it to make sure. This time I gave her the phone and left the data entry up to her, which was definitely a mistake.

Lachlan March 26, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Disadvantage? Pshaw. When you see her again, immediately walk up to her and tell her you want to do a magic trick. Then pull out your phone, pull up her contact info and in your best magician voice say (with a grand smile), “Is THIS your number?” She’ll immediately realize her fuckup and you get to play the “Well, I understand, but…” card.

Matt Savage March 26, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Lachlan, That’s the perfect response, I’m definitely using that. Thanks!

Hot Alpha Female March 26, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Hey matt

This reminds me of something that I listened to recently and I don’t know whether it relates to this situation but its a good pointer.

When something goes wrong as it sometimes will like some chick tries to be a bitch or cock block you … You really need to use that negative energy and roll with the punches so to speak.

Meaning to say … that if you so happen to see this chick again. Think from the frame of mind that you at a MAJOR advantage because at least you have something to grab her attention with again and bust her balls about .. so to speak.

An example that was given here, was when a guy was approaching these three chicks and when he did, one of the chicks like seriously growled at him and gave him the bitchy look.

Instead of getting scared and thinking that he was going to lose this one, he rolled with it.

After she did his he was like …. he held out his hand to give her the “rock” and said Man that’s awesome! I’m the cock block for my friends too!! Give me some skin.

She slapped his hand and from then on no more cock blocking. And it was ON – lol.

But hey man, just keep doing different things and you’ll find something that works best for you

HAF

Pamm March 30, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Matt – damnit! I’m a Rocker Renee hater! I’m hoping that she typed in her phone number wrong. damn.

And I agree with you on the good vibes. I changed my attitude (which has been in the CRAPPER lately!) and the dating life is MUCH better.

Frosty April 2, 2008 at 3:40 am

Hey Matt

Game well played, personally I love using a playful sense of humour with women

Frosty ;-)

Matt Savage April 2, 2008 at 10:41 am

HAF,
“I’m the cock block for my friends too!” – Loved this line, definitely solid anti-cock block maneuver. Thanks for the great comment!

Pamm,
Glad to hear the dating life is improving!! Keep up the good vibes;)

Frosty,
Yea, the quirky Mr. Bubble opener definitely added a sense of humor to the situation. Thanks for commenting.

gentleman's guide April 24, 2008 at 12:11 am

A Gentleman Never Discloses Who Sucked Him Off
By Charles Dubno
The Onion May 18, 2005 | Issue 41•20

I must say, the quality of discourse in this country has taken a sharp plunge of late, not only among the ruffians and ne’er-do-wells from whom one expects coarse speech, but among gentlemen of letters and esteem. I have, with my own ears, several times in the past week, heard the elder sons of prominent families introduce into mixed company subjects formerly reserved for private discussion among gentlemen. It pains me even to raise this point, but following a string of recent events, there is no question that the adage bears repeating: A gentleman ought never to disclose who sucked him off.

This needn’t mean a gentleman must limit the discussion of his exploits to his journal. If a gentleman has met a young lady and taken her to his digs, it is his right and privilege to tell his friends and coworkers about the encounter. However, it is the mark of a true gentleman to omit his lady friend’s name from the discussion of her pussy’s tightness.

Why, I had assumed that this custom and others like it were universal and well understood, but as long as I am spelling out the Rules of the Gentleman, allow me to introduce several other equally important but oft-neglected guidelines.

Should a gentleman find himself alone with a lady, he should not simply undo his pants and come in her hole. A gentleman knows that it is good manners to coax his lady friend’s heels as far above her head as they will go, to “split the reed,” and perhaps to turn his lady over and give it to her “doggy style.” A gentleman knows that a true lady enjoys a moderate amount of hair-pulling and ass-grabbing, taking these attentions as marks of affection and virility. However, a gentleman knows where to draw the line. He never lodges his lady friend’s head between the couch cushions.

A gentleman occasionally will have more than one guest at his home. Should he see that jealousy is breeding between the two ladies whom he is hosting, a gentleman does not say, “Whoa, ladies, there’s enough of me to go around!” The gentleman, valuing decorum and discretion above all else in his paramours, gently guides his guests’ heads from his penis and informs them that if they do not act like ladies, he will have to ask them both to leave.

When up to his nuts in a lady’s guts, a gentleman knows that it is quite impolite to smoke, talk politics, or take phone calls. Should his cell phone ring, the gentleman says, “Excuse me, I need to take this.” He withdraws his penis from his lady friend and keeps his phone conversation brief. When he has completed his call, a gentleman gently reinserts his dick into his lady.

Of course, a gentleman who is not a smoker keeps an ashtray on his balcony for his lady friends who wish to smoke.

It should go without saying that, once he has arranged for a paid lady of the night to meet him at his home, a gentleman does not jerk off several times while awaiting her arrival, in order to “get his money’s worth.”

A gentleman knows that accidents happen. While it is an unfortunate and boorish behavior that should be kept to a minimum, a gentleman always apologizes to a lady after he mistakenly shoots his load inside of her.

A gentleman never comes in a lady’s eyes.

While he knows that a lady gets pleasure out of pleasuring him, and he will occasionally increase the intensity of that pleasure by gentle force, a gentleman will never choke a woman on his cock.

If a gentleman wishes to attend to a lady’s pleasure through oral manipulation, no matter what the state of affairs below, he always politely completes his task. A gentleman ought never to fan his hand in the air, grimace and make a show of removing a pubic hair from his teeth, or compare his lady friend’s vulva to two strips of partially grilled fajita meat.

A gentleman knows that it is considered good manners to have an unopened toothbrush on hand for his lady friend, in the event that she should like to freshen up after eating his ass.

Breeding needn’t amount to priggishness. On the contrary, a gentleman knows that good old-fashioned manners will likely increase his social engagements, once word gets out that he is not one to splooge and tell. But I beg the reader, for the sake of tradition and all that is decent, to remember that a true gentleman does not ever, under any circumstances, go ass to mouth.

andy July 3, 2011 at 10:26 am

story of my life. Except we danced/met in total for an hour. I need to see her one more time, find out the truth, but I may never see her again.. we hit it off so well.