14 Seduction Books Listed in The Game

I have been seeing a lot of search query’s looking for pick up artist related reading lists and book references that were mentioned in The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss. I took the liberty to flip through my own copy of The Game and list all the book references to which Neil Strauss had read on his journey to becoming one of the world’s greatest pick up artist. Below you’ll see the references listed by title, author, and the page number it can be found in The Game.

Hot Alpha Female March 10, 2008 at 1:01 am

Think and Grow Rich was in there? Serious? Whoa thats so awesome. That just goes to show that personal development is just as important in learning about the rules of the dating game. You know i have a friend who is a PUA and has read and implemented the likes of books like The Game and David D. He told me that while they do teach you a lot of skills that help when attracting women, they really tend to focus on building self eestem aswell. I think thats really important to remember for both guys and girls getting into the dating game

Hot Alpha Female

Single In The City March 11, 2008 at 1:58 pm

I have never really done or thought about a pick-up artist, even tho I have seen “wannabe” pickup artist around before.

I am going to have to look into this!

Matt Savage March 12, 2008 at 10:10 am

Hot Alpha Female
Yea, who’d of thunk it! There are pick up artists who are actually trying to improve their lives as opposed to the simple goal of sleeping with a multitude of hot women….crazy! Or perhaps, we just realized that the most attractive quality of a man is how he lives his life;)
Single
Definitely check it out. Whether you agree or disagree with the concept of pick up artists, the book The Game is still a really entertaining story. I highly recommend it for both guys and girls.

John Smith March 12, 2008 at 12:23 pm

How can someone disagree with the concept of a pick up artist? They exist, and they use principles of human behavior and apply it to sleeping with girls, which every guy wants to do.

Dan March 12, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Love the Robert Greene, bought them the same time I bought the Game from amazon but the book i currently really want is frogs into princes, but since its out of print now i cant afford it £50 uk. I have been planning on creating a list of all books and techniques routines with links to the details on the net. but not got up to doing it yet. they will all be common knowledge now. My sister was talking to my mum today about how one of her mates was talking about the dual massage she is 16 also the number game between 1-5 1-10….

Honey March 13, 2008 at 8:46 pm

I’d love to see some of the classics revived, like The Prince. Machiavelli was a total pimp. Question–do you think books like The Rules are the female equivalent of PUA literature?

Matt Savage March 13, 2008 at 9:35 pm

John Smith,
Good point. I guess what I was trying to say was that not everyone thinks that seducing women with that knowledge of human behavior is ethical.
Dan,
I have read The Art of Seduction and it was certainly informative and interesting. Some parts I thought got a little boring though and I can’t say that the information was as useful to apply in real life as some of the other books. I haven’t read 48 Laws of Power yet but it’s on my ever growing reading list!
Honey,
I read The Prince in high school and it was one of my favorites. Not sure how useful it’d be for picking up women but definitely a must read for taking over the world…..hmmm….

I haven’t read The Rules so I don’t have much basis for comparison. From what I know, it seems like it focuses more on manipulating a relationship with a man rather than the attraction and seduction phases, which most of the PUA literature focuses on. I think that magazines like Cosmo are more of the women’s equivalent to our seduction information.

Bobby Rio March 14, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Dan,

i found a PDF version of frogs to princess awhile back on the internet… you might want to search around for it onlne

The two Greene books are amazing!

Matt Savage March 14, 2008 at 1:31 pm

You can try your local library for Frogs Into Princes, which is where I was able to find it. The book is a little dated compared to some of Bandler and Grinder’s more recent NLP books. You can also find the PDF copy on Scribd here:

Dan March 18, 2008 at 10:49 am

I have found an online version thanks, both robert green books are in that style, been reading the chapter’s blocks as there is alot to take in.

Ian Smith March 18, 2008 at 9:57 pm

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins was a phenomenal read actually, I didn’t know it was in there. Glad Neil read that one, it had a profound influence on my thinking after I read it, and continues to do so to this day.

I’m linking this post in a thread in my forum, all of these books are good to read, thanks for the useful post!

Be Well.
Ian Smith.

Seduction Chronicles March 21, 2008 at 4:35 pm

This might be suprising but I think I’ve only read one of those books.

GirlNextDoor October 16, 2008 at 12:17 am

I thought “The Game” was a great first book and the one that introduced me to the world of PUAs. I actually tried to find a lot of the books Neil mentioned so thanks for making a list and posting them. (The Art of Seduction was phenomenal, especially in defining in clear terms what is and is not attractive).
I recently discovered this site and am really pleased with the content. However, I know it’s about Alpha-Living, and mainly Alpha-MALE living, but I’d like to see more posts that apply to both sexes. I have yet to find a website or blog that addresses attraction and seduction that is written for women. And no, Cosmo doesn’t count. Neither does “The Rules,” which is way out-dated for the information age. Cosmo and a lot of womens’ mags stick to the old, hackneyed stereotype, “do anything and everything to keep your man interested,” which sounds like a good idea, but in the end that trying-so-hard comes off as neediness and repels. Articles like “Is He Losing Interest,” etc, are inherently negative and self-defeating and when women follow those tips their behavior ensures disaster. It goes against some of the fundamentals found on TSB – you have to believe in yourself to attract anything and anyone you want.
The closest books I’ve found that deal with attracting men accurately, are “Why Men Love Bitches,” and “Why Men Marry Bitches.” I think every PUA could benefit from reading these, as you could flip it around and it would still apply. Also, it would give you insight into the games some savy girls are playing (probably right now!). Believe it or not, I’m a fun-loving feminist and love this world of PUA and the seduction community, but frankly in the female-realm it’s lacking. In the words of Britney Spears, Matt, “Gimme more!” ;)

Matt Savage October 20, 2008 at 9:46 am

GirlNextDoor,

Glad you like the content, it kinda motivates me to write more, which I’ve been slacking off on lately.

In terms of seduction information for females, I think that the same concepts and methodologies that are designed for men can be equally successful when used by women. There may be slight variations in how attraction is created between the two genders. For instance, men tend to have more of a “visual” focus on attraction where that same factor may not be as important to women. However, for the most part, the overall concepts such as being dominant, having passion, creating value, social proof, etc. can all be used by females to snag a man.

I think someone could easily take all these concepts and simply write a book focused towards the female point of view.

Howard June 10, 2010 at 7:17 am

Thank you. this eas exactly what i was looking for. thank you for your time for doing this.

Much respect

Howard

Hevar kaftna November 19, 2012 at 3:06 pm

hey guys ,just a simple question , does it matter to read one before the other or its irrelevant

thanks guys
best wishes

Eula January 5, 2013 at 4:07 am

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your site
in internet explorer, may test this? IE nonetheless is the market
chief and a large component of people will omit your magnificent writing
due to this problem.